Another 500 year old composition by Narottama Das Thakur, depicting a mood of separation from the Lord, begging for the mercy of Gauranga or Lord Caitanya, in helping us get out of this material existence. A very touching and melancholic feel. A song that will grow into you gradually. Features the vocals of Vanita Siddharth.
sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu doya koro more
toma bina ke doyalu jagat-samsare
(1) My dear Lord Caitanya, please be merciful to me, because who can be more merciful than Your Lordship within these three worlds?
patita-pavana-hetu tava avatara
mo sama patita prabhu na paibe ara
(2) Your incarnation is just to reclaim the conditioned, fallen souls, but I assure You that You will not find a greater fallen soul than me. Therefore, my claim is first.
ha ha prabhu nityananda, premananda sukhi
krpabalokana koro ami boro duhkhi
(3) My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful in spiritual bliss. Since You always appear very happy, I have come to You because I am most unhappy. If You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy.
doya koro sita-pati adwaita gosai
tava krpa-bale pai caitanya-nitai
(4) My dear Advaita Prabhu, husband of Sita, You are so kind. Please be merciful to me. If You are kind to me, naturally Lord Caitanya and Nityananda will also be kind to me.
(5) Gaura’s love embodiment is shown by Gadadhara Pandita. Srinivasa Pandita and Haridasa Thakura are the ocean of mercy.
ha ha swarup, sanatana, rupa, raghunatha
bhatta-juga, sri-jiva ha prabhu lokanatha
(6) O Svarupa Damodara, personal secretary of Lord Caitanya, O six Gosvamis O Sri Rupa Gosvami, Sri Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami, Sri Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, Sri Jiva Gosvami, and Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami! O Lokanatha Gosvami, my beloved spiritual master! Narottama dasa also prays for your mercy.